Dr. Krauss Whitbourne will familiarize participants with a framework from which to understand normal aging and the major conditions that can affect the psychological health of older adults. The webinar will begin with basic principles about the aging process, an overview of normal age-related changes in physical and cognitive functioning, a brief description of factors affecting service delivery to older adults, and a summary of the major psychological disorders as they appear in later adulthood along with a review of evidence-based treatments.
- Identify major principles of normal aging and how physical and psychological
- changes in later life can affect the mental health of older adults.
- Predict factors affecting service delivery to older adults with a focus on
- attitudes toward aging that can play a role in treatment.
- Explain the major psychological disorders that can affect older adults and the
- evidence-based treatments for these disorders.